History of G&S - 1946-2021

75 Years of Golterman & Sabo

  • 1946 Herbert Golterman Co., Owner Herbert Golterman, Sr. (Herb and Ned’s grandfather) selling chain link fence and other building products, location 5731 Manchester Ave., St. Louis, MO.
  • 1947 Ed Golterman joins the company.
  • 1947 Steve Sabo Sr. joins the company.
  • 1950’s Selling slate chalkboards and cork tackboards for schools.
  • 1952 Herbert Golterman Sr. passes away and Ed Golterman & Steve Sabo form Golterman & Sabo.
  • 1957 Patent for Snap-On Trim for chalkboards to make field installation easier.
  • 1960’s Introduces porcelain to replace steel in chalkboards.
  • 1975 Begins making fabric covered tackboards panels.
  • 1980s Begins making fabric covered acoustical panels.
  • 1984 Herb Golterman joined the company.
  • 1986 Ned Golterman joined the company.
  • 1984 Makes first frameless acoustical panel.
  • 1986 G&S begins selling Acousti-Panel (AP) to the Cinema Market in St. Louis.
  • 1988 G&S goes national and sets up reps throughout the U.S. for acoustical products.
  • 1990 Impaling clips were used for panel mounting and the Acoustic Product line expands.
  • 1994 Moves to 5901 Elizabeth Ave., St. Louis.
  • 1994 Purchases AR Nelson – Cubicle Curtains and Track (sold 2019).
  • 1999 Moves to 3555 Scarlet Oak Blvd., Kirkwood, MO.
  • 2002 Starts painting Acoustical panels.
  • 2003 Bought second building 3545 Scarlet Oak Blvd. (next door) for future expansion.
  • 2003 Starts FabricWall and sells stretch fabric systems nationally.
  • 2005 Renames Acoustical Division to G&S Acoustics.
  • 2006 Begins manufacturing Diffusers.
  • 2012 Purchases Volland Studios for theatrical Stage Curtains.
  • 2013 Expands to 3545 Scarlet Oak Blvd., Kirkwood, MO
  • 2020 Introduces aCapella & Melody Recycled Polyester Panels.

1986

1991

1998

2006

2012

G&S Acoustical Product Catalog